Rebecca Covell – Attorney
Rebecca S. Covell concentrates her practice in the areas of estate planning, probate and business transactions. She advises clients regarding various business entities for startups and provides ongoing general counsel advice to small and medium sized companies. Rebecca also handles the negotiations of commercial leases for landlords and tenants. Her business practice is transaction-oriented and includes the negotiation and preparation of contracts and loan documents for sellers and purchasers.
Additionally, Rebecca works with clients whose needs include the formation and operation of limited liability companies, partnerships and corporations, as well as other aspects of business law.
- J.D., University of Missouri, Kansas City, Missouri 1981
- B.A., Kansas University, Lawrence, Kansas 1976
Rebecca received her J.D. from the University of Missouri, Kansas City in 1981. She participated on the ABA moot court team, winning regional competition as top oralist speaker and her team won top honors for best brief. Rebecca also served as chair of the Women’s Prison Project, a student organization that provided legal services to incarcerated women in Missouri. Under her leadership, the Prison Project was awarded Outstanding Student Bar Program of the Year.
Honors and Awards
- Dallas Voice Readers Voice Awards Best Civil Lawyer – 2008, ’09, ’11, ’12, ’13, ’15, ’16, ’18
- Volunteer Award for the Legal Hospice of Texas, 2011
- Business Person of the Year, 2009 North Texas LGBT Chamber of Commerce
- Kuchling Award winner, 2008 Dallas Black Tie Dinner, Inc.